Nearly 60% of Americans believe another depression—with unemployment rates of 25% and widespread bank failures—is “likely” or “somewhat likely.”
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire U.S. Congress, 59% say they would like to throw out all members of the House and Senate and start over. Only 23% have any confidence that Congress is capable of dealing with the nation’s economic problems.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week