Nearly 60% of Americans believe another depression—with unemployment rates of 25% and widespread bank failures—is “likely” or “somewhat likely.”
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire U.S. Congress, 59% say they would like to throw out all members of the House and Senate and start over. Only 23% have any confidence that Congress is capable of dealing with the nation’s economic problems.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week