early 60% of Americans believe another depression—with unemployment rates of 25% and widespread bank failures—is “likely” or “somewhat likely.”
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire U.S. Congress, 59% say they would like to throw out all members of the House and Senate and start over. Only 23% have any confidence that Congress is capable of dealing with the nation’s economic problems.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week