Nearly 60% of Americans believe another depression—with unemployment rates of 25% and widespread bank failures—is “likely” or “somewhat likely.”
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire U.S. Congress, 59% say they would like to throw out all members of the House and Senate and start over. Only 23% have any confidence that Congress is capable of dealing with the nation’s economic problems.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week