early 60% of Americans believe another depression—with unemployment rates of 25% and widespread bank failures—is “likely” or “somewhat likely.”
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire U.S. Congress, 59% say they would like to throw out all members of the House and Senate and start over. Only 23% have any confidence that Congress is capable of dealing with the nation’s economic problems.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week