Nearly 60% of Americans believe another depression—with unemployment rates of 25% and widespread bank failures—is “likely” or “somewhat likely.”
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire U.S. Congress, 59% say they would like to throw out all members of the House and Senate and start over. Only 23% have any confidence that Congress is capable of dealing with the nation’s economic problems.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week