ust when you think the Spears clan can’t “get any more dysfunctional,” said GlossLip.com, “they go and exceed all expectations.” The National Enquirer is reporting that 17-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant again. Maybe this is a “cry for help”—she seems to want to “get out of the celeb rat race,” and this might be “her way of doing it.”
We hate to break it to you, said TMZ online, but “three-month-old Maddie Briann Aldridge is gonna have to wait to have a lil' baby brother or sister, because Jamie Lynn Spears is not pregnant, y'all!” An “unimpeachable source” told us “Britney's baby sis does not have another bun in the oven.”
Is this turning into “the battle of the Enquirer vs. TMZ?” said Marni Soupcoff in the National Post online. “Which gossip king are you going to believe?” The most “depressing” part of this story is that Jamie Lynn “reportedly thought she couldn't get pregnant while she was breastfeeding.” Ever heard of Google?
It seems entirely plausible that Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant again, said the Telegraph. She might “be following the pattern of her older sister Britney, who gave birth to her second son Jayden James just 12 months after welcoming her first son Sean Preston.”
Keep in mind, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times online, that “the National Enquirer is the main source of these stories.” But then again, they “were right all along about John Edwards having an affair” with Rielle Hunter. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week