Just when you think the Spears clan can’t “get any more dysfunctional,” said GlossLip.com, “they go and exceed all expectations.” The National Enquirer is reporting that 17-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant again. Maybe this is a “cry for help”—she seems to want to “get out of the celeb rat race,” and this might be “her way of doing it.”
We hate to break it to you, said TMZ online, but “three-month-old Maddie Briann Aldridge is gonna have to wait to have a lil' baby brother or sister, because Jamie Lynn Spears is not pregnant, y'all!” An “unimpeachable source” told us “Britney's baby sis does not have another bun in the oven.”
Is this turning into “the battle of the Enquirer vs. TMZ?” said Marni Soupcoff in the National Post online. “Which gossip king are you going to believe?” The most “depressing” part of this story is that Jamie Lynn “reportedly thought she couldn't get pregnant while she was breastfeeding.” Ever heard of Google?
It seems entirely plausible that Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant again, said the Telegraph. She might “be following the pattern of her older sister Britney, who gave birth to her second son Jayden James just 12 months after welcoming her first son Sean Preston.”
Keep in mind, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times online, that “the National Enquirer is the main source of these stories.” But then again, they “were right all along about John Edwards having an affair” with Rielle Hunter. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week