Using a computer mouse seems so old-fashioned when you can use a SpaceNavigator. By reading hand movements, the PC controller removes the need for either mouse or keyboard and lets you “navigate virtual space in three dimensions.” A simple tilt of its top can control more than 100 3-D applications, including Google Earth or Second Life. Price: Starts at $59 Contact: 3Dconnexion.com
Source: Popular Mechanics
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week