Using a computer mouse seems so old-fashioned when you can use a SpaceNavigator. By reading hand movements, the PC controller removes the need for either mouse or keyboard and lets you “navigate virtual space in three dimensions.” A simple tilt of its top can control more than 100 3-D applications, including Google Earth or Second Life. Price: Starts at $59 Contact: 3Dconnexion.com
Source: Popular Mechanics
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week