Using a computer mouse seems so old-fashioned when you can use a SpaceNavigator. By reading hand movements, the PC controller removes the need for either mouse or keyboard and lets you “navigate virtual space in three dimensions.” A simple tilt of its top can control more than 100 3-D applications, including Google Earth or Second Life. Price: Starts at $59 Contact: 3Dconnexion.com
Source: Popular Mechanics
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week