Using a computer mouse seems so old-fashioned when you can use a SpaceNavigator. By reading hand movements, the PC controller removes the need for either mouse or keyboard and lets you “navigate virtual space in three dimensions.” A simple tilt of its top can control more than 100 3-D applications, including Google Earth or Second Life. Price: Starts at $59 Contact: 3Dconnexion.com
Source: Popular Mechanics
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week