Amy Winehouse is considering accepting a helping hand from the Church of Scientology, said the London Sunday Mirror this week. The British singer, reportedly still struggling with drugs, got a call from the organization’s Los Angeles Celebrity Center. “They told her they wanted to help her beat drugs and could tailor-make a program so she wouldn’t have to go to a residential center,” a source told the paper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week