Amy Winehouse is considering accepting a helping hand from the Church of Scientology, said the London Sunday Mirror this week. The British singer, reportedly still struggling with drugs, got a call from the organization’s Los Angeles Celebrity Center. “They told her they wanted to help her beat drugs and could tailor-make a program so she wouldn’t have to go to a residential center,” a source told the paper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week