Amy Winehouse is considering accepting a helping hand from the Church of Scientology, said the London Sunday Mirror this week. The British singer, reportedly still struggling with drugs, got a call from the organization’s Los Angeles Celebrity Center. “They told her they wanted to help her beat drugs and could tailor-make a program so she wouldn’t have to go to a residential center,” a source told the paper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week