Amy Winehouse is considering accepting a helping hand from the Church of Scientology, said the London Sunday Mirror this week. The British singer, reportedly still struggling with drugs, got a call from the organization’s Los Angeles Celebrity Center. “They told her they wanted to help her beat drugs and could tailor-make a program so she wouldn’t have to go to a residential center,” a source told the paper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week