ed Zeppelin may go on “tour despite Robert Plant’s refusal to join them,” said Gordon Smart in The Sun online. Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham have been rehearsing with Myles Kennedy, frontman of the U.S. rock group Alter Bridge. “Personally, I’ll be holding out for a Plant U-turn.”
This is “rock blasphemy,” said Ethan Stanislawski in Prefixmag.com. “Who could possibly ever replace the legendary voice/face of the former biggest band in the world?” Not to mention that touring without Plant “would leave just Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones from the original Zeppelin lineup.”
Don’t underestimate Myles Kennedy, said Sean Michaels in the Guardian online. Apparently, he “has a four-octave vocal range and can hold a note for 22 seconds, both of which could be helpful in singing ‘Stairway to Heaven.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week