ed Zeppelin may go on “tour despite Robert Plant’s refusal to join them,” said Gordon Smart in The Sun online. Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham have been rehearsing with Myles Kennedy, frontman of the U.S. rock group Alter Bridge. “Personally, I’ll be holding out for a Plant U-turn.”
This is “rock blasphemy,” said Ethan Stanislawski in Prefixmag.com. “Who could possibly ever replace the legendary voice/face of the former biggest band in the world?” Not to mention that touring without Plant “would leave just Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones from the original Zeppelin lineup.”
Don’t underestimate Myles Kennedy, said Sean Michaels in the Guardian online. Apparently, he “has a four-octave vocal range and can hold a note for 22 seconds, both of which could be helpful in singing ‘Stairway to Heaven.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week