rmed soccer mom
A Pennsylvania mother has won the right to carry a gun to her 5-year-old daughter’s soccer games. Melanie Hain’s concealed-weapon permit had been revoked after other parents complained. But this week Judge Robert Eby ruled that Hain’s Second Amendment rights had been breached and returned the permit. Hain said she’d resume going to games armed. “I’m certainly not looking to shoot anyone over a goal,” she said.
Hello, my name is CutoutDissection.com
A North Carolina woman is legally changing her name to CutoutDissection.com to publicize the plight of the dead animals used in high school biology classes. CutoutDissection.com, 19, formerly known as Jennifer Thornburg, admits that “I normally do have to repeat my name several times when I am introducing myself,” but that it’s a price she’s willing to pay. “These animals suffer so much greater than I can ever suffer by getting my name changed.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week