Fall in New Hampshire
Through Oct. 22, Dana Place Inn in Jackson, N.H., offers a two-night package, starting at $389 for two. Includes meals and a scenic railroad ride through White Mountain National Forest.
A Santa Monica return
Santa Monica’s Shangri-La hotel, built in 1939, has reopened after a $30 million renovation. Through Dec. 31, ocean-view rooms start at $265 for a deluxe room and $345 for a one-bedroom suite.
Winter tee in Wales
Through March 2009, Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, South Wales, offers 18 holes of golf on the course that will host the 2010 Ryder Cup. Rates start at $210 per double and include full Welsh breakfasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week