Fall in New Hampshire
Through Oct. 22, Dana Place Inn in Jackson, N.H., offers a two-night package, starting at $389 for two. Includes meals and a scenic railroad ride through White Mountain National Forest.
A Santa Monica return
Santa Monica’s Shangri-La hotel, built in 1939, has reopened after a $30 million renovation. Through Dec. 31, ocean-view rooms start at $265 for a deluxe room and $345 for a one-bedroom suite.
Winter tee in Wales
Through March 2009, Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, South Wales, offers 18 holes of golf on the course that will host the 2010 Ryder Cup. Rates start at $210 per double and include full Welsh breakfasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
Subscribe to the Week