Fall in New Hampshire
Through Oct. 22, Dana Place Inn in Jackson, N.H., offers a two-night package, starting at $389 for two. Includes meals and a scenic railroad ride through White Mountain National Forest.
A Santa Monica return
Santa Monica’s Shangri-La hotel, built in 1939, has reopened after a $30 million renovation. Through Dec. 31, ocean-view rooms start at $265 for a deluxe room and $345 for a one-bedroom suite.
Winter tee in Wales
Through March 2009, Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, South Wales, offers 18 holes of golf on the course that will host the 2010 Ryder Cup. Rates start at $210 per double and include full Welsh breakfasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week