all in New Hampshire
Through Oct. 22, Dana Place Inn in Jackson, N.H., offers a two-night package, starting at $389 for two. Includes meals and a scenic railroad ride through White Mountain National Forest.
A Santa Monica return
Santa Monica’s Shangri-La hotel, built in 1939, has reopened after a $30 million renovation. Through Dec. 31, ocean-view rooms start at $265 for a deluxe room and $345 for a one-bedroom suite.
Winter tee in Wales
Through March 2009, Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, South Wales, offers 18 holes of golf on the course that will host the 2010 Ryder Cup. Rates start at $210 per double and include full Welsh breakfasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week