“Where there's smoke, there's usually fire,” said Natalie Finn in E! Online. “Hot on the heels” of David Duchovny’s “revelation” that he needed “treatment for sex addiction,” the actor and “his wife of more than 11 years, Téa Leoni, have confirmed that they have split.”
It’s too bad, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times online. Duchovny survived sex rehab, but his marriage couldn’t survive his sex addiction. And this really makes us “feel like peeping Toms” for watching him play “such a womanizing character” on Californication.
What’s really sad is that there are kids involved, said Horror Yearbook online, Duchovny and Leoni’s daughter Madelaine, 9, and son Kyd, 6. So maybe Duchovny “will try and keep it in his pants for their sake.” Then again, he may use this as an excuse to “fall off the ‘sex rehab wagon.’”
This breakup might not have been Duchovny’s fault, said Richard Kay in the Daily Mail online. Rumor has it he discovered “explicit text messages” on Leoni’s cell phone “sent by actor Billy Bob Thornton.” Apparently, Leoni and Thornton met while filming a movie together earlier this year. Was this going on while Duchovny was in rehab?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week