“Where there's smoke, there's usually fire,” said Natalie Finn in E! Online. “Hot on the heels” of David Duchovny’s “revelation” that he needed “treatment for sex addiction,” the actor and “his wife of more than 11 years, Téa Leoni, have confirmed that they have split.”
It’s too bad, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times online. Duchovny survived sex rehab, but his marriage couldn’t survive his sex addiction. And this really makes us “feel like peeping Toms” for watching him play “such a womanizing character” on Californication.
What’s really sad is that there are kids involved, said Horror Yearbook online, Duchovny and Leoni’s daughter Madelaine, 9, and son Kyd, 6. So maybe Duchovny “will try and keep it in his pants for their sake.” Then again, he may use this as an excuse to “fall off the ‘sex rehab wagon.’”
This breakup might not have been Duchovny’s fault, said Richard Kay in the Daily Mail online. Rumor has it he discovered “explicit text messages” on Leoni’s cell phone “sent by actor Billy Bob Thornton.” Apparently, Leoni and Thornton met while filming a movie together earlier this year. Was this going on while Duchovny was in rehab?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week