“Where there's smoke, there's usually fire,” said Natalie Finn in E! Online. “Hot on the heels” of David Duchovny’s “revelation” that he needed “treatment for sex addiction,” the actor and “his wife of more than 11 years, Téa Leoni, have confirmed that they have split.”
It’s too bad, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times online. Duchovny survived sex rehab, but his marriage couldn’t survive his sex addiction. And this really makes us “feel like peeping Toms” for watching him play “such a womanizing character” on Californication.
What’s really sad is that there are kids involved, said Horror Yearbook online, Duchovny and Leoni’s daughter Madelaine, 9, and son Kyd, 6. So maybe Duchovny “will try and keep it in his pants for their sake.” Then again, he may use this as an excuse to “fall off the ‘sex rehab wagon.’”
This breakup might not have been Duchovny’s fault, said Richard Kay in the Daily Mail online. Rumor has it he discovered “explicit text messages” on Leoni’s cell phone “sent by actor Billy Bob Thornton.” Apparently, Leoni and Thornton met while filming a movie together earlier this year. Was this going on while Duchovny was in rehab?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week