“Where there's smoke, there's usually fire,” said Natalie Finn in E! Online. “Hot on the heels” of David Duchovny’s “revelation” that he needed “treatment for sex addiction,” the actor and “his wife of more than 11 years, Téa Leoni, have confirmed that they have split.”
It’s too bad, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times online. Duchovny survived sex rehab, but his marriage couldn’t survive his sex addiction. And this really makes us “feel like peeping Toms” for watching him play “such a womanizing character” on Californication.
What’s really sad is that there are kids involved, said Horror Yearbook online, Duchovny and Leoni’s daughter Madelaine, 9, and son Kyd, 6. So maybe Duchovny “will try and keep it in his pants for their sake.” Then again, he may use this as an excuse to “fall off the ‘sex rehab wagon.’”
This breakup might not have been Duchovny’s fault, said Richard Kay in the Daily Mail online. Rumor has it he discovered “explicit text messages” on Leoni’s cell phone “sent by actor Billy Bob Thornton.” Apparently, Leoni and Thornton met while filming a movie together earlier this year. Was this going on while Duchovny was in rehab?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week