Madonna invited a Swedish pop star named Robyn to open for her on her European tour, and then sent her a contract ordering her “not to approach Madonna, not to speak to Madonna, and, above all, no pictures,” said the New York Post. “It’s strange that they assume that the first thing you’re gonna do is run after Madonna and ask for an autograph,” said Robyn. “My worst nightmare would be to turn into Madonna.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week