Maureen McCormick, who played good girl Marcia on The Brady Bunch, sank into a life of depression and drug binges following her childhood stardom in the 1970s, she reveals in a new memoir. McCormick, now 52, writes that she often partied at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., and traded sex for cocaine and Quaaludes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week