Maureen McCormick, who played good girl Marcia on The Brady Bunch, sank into a life of depression and drug binges following her childhood stardom in the 1970s, she reveals in a new memoir. McCormick, now 52, writes that she often partied at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., and traded sex for cocaine and Quaaludes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week