Maureen McCormick, who played good girl Marcia on The Brady Bunch, sank into a life of depression and drug binges following her childhood stardom in the 1970s, she reveals in a new memoir. McCormick, now 52, writes that she often partied at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., and traded sex for cocaine and Quaaludes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week