Maureen McCormick, who played good girl Marcia on The Brady Bunch, sank into a life of depression and drug binges following her childhood stardom in the 1970s, she reveals in a new memoir. McCormick, now 52, writes that she often partied at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., and traded sex for cocaine and Quaaludes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week