Maureen McCormick, who played good girl Marcia on The Brady Bunch, sank into a life of depression and drug binges following her childhood stardom in the 1970s, she reveals in a new memoir. McCormick, now 52, writes that she often partied at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., and traded sex for cocaine and Quaaludes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week