Teenagers Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston “were planning on getting married a long time ago, with or without the kid,” Johnston said this week, denying reports that the couple is being pressured to marry out of political considerations. Palin’s unplanned pregnancy made headlines this summer after her mother became John McCain’s running mate. Johnston also denied that he had created a MySpace page calling himself a “redneck” who didn’t want kids. He said the page was a joke created by his friends.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
Subscribe to the Week