Teenagers Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston “were planning on getting married a long time ago, with or without the kid,” Johnston said this week, denying reports that the couple is being pressured to marry out of political considerations. Palin’s unplanned pregnancy made headlines this summer after her mother became John McCain’s running mate. Johnston also denied that he had created a MySpace page calling himself a “redneck” who didn’t want kids. He said the page was a joke created by his friends.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week