Teenagers Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston “were planning on getting married a long time ago, with or without the kid,” Johnston said this week, denying reports that the couple is being pressured to marry out of political considerations. Palin’s unplanned pregnancy made headlines this summer after her mother became John McCain’s running mate. Johnston also denied that he had created a MySpace page calling himself a “redneck” who didn’t want kids. He said the page was a joke created by his friends.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week