Teenagers Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston “were planning on getting married a long time ago, with or without the kid,” Johnston said this week, denying reports that the couple is being pressured to marry out of political considerations. Palin’s unplanned pregnancy made headlines this summer after her mother became John McCain’s running mate. Johnston also denied that he had created a MySpace page calling himself a “redneck” who didn’t want kids. He said the page was a joke created by his friends.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Why insects are the future of food
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week