Teenagers Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston “were planning on getting married a long time ago, with or without the kid,” Johnston said this week, denying reports that the couple is being pressured to marry out of political considerations. Palin’s unplanned pregnancy made headlines this summer after her mother became John McCain’s running mate. Johnston also denied that he had created a MySpace page calling himself a “redneck” who didn’t want kids. He said the page was a joke created by his friends.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week