illiam Shatner apparently really, really wanted an invitation to former "Star Trek" colleague George Takei’s gay wedding, said The First Post. Shatner posted a video online (click here for the YouTube clip) in which he called Takei, who played Mr. Sulu in the 1960s sci-fi series, “sick” and “psychotic,” and said Takei didn’t invite him to the wedding because of an old grudge.
Takei doesn’t hide the fact that he thought Shatner was a camera hog in his days as Capt. Kirk on the "Star Trek" set, said Nancy Dillon and Bill Hutchinson in the New York Daily News. But the rift only “grew at warp speed” after Shatner found out that all the big Trek stars went to the Los Angeles wedding, except him. The funny thing is, Takei insists he sent Shatner an invitation despite the bad blood.
So, did Takei invite Shatner or not? asked Emily Rosenbaum in the Chicago Tribune. We may never know. But, either way, this latest episode of Shatnerian “rambling” is more than a little “bizarre.”
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week