Actor George Hamilton says in a new memoir that he had sex with his stepmother when he was 12. Hamilton, now 69, insists “it didn’t feel abnormal” to go to bed with 28-year-old June Howard, the woman who broke up his father’s marriage to Hamilton’s mother. “A child psychiatrist might have said I was getting revenge on him for what he did to my mother. But, thank goodness, they never took me to a child psychiatrist.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week