Actor George Hamilton says in a new memoir that he had sex with his stepmother when he was 12. Hamilton, now 69, insists “it didn’t feel abnormal” to go to bed with 28-year-old June Howard, the woman who broke up his father’s marriage to Hamilton’s mother. “A child psychiatrist might have said I was getting revenge on him for what he did to my mother. But, thank goodness, they never took me to a child psychiatrist.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week