any social critics have blamed the distractions of technology for weakening family ties, but 47% of adults said the Internet, cell phones, and other devices had actually improved communication within the family. Only 11% said they have harmed family cohesion.
Pew Internet and American Life Project
84% of Americans believe the next president will face challenges that are “more serious” than previous presidents have faced.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week