any social critics have blamed the distractions of technology for weakening family ties, but 47% of adults said the Internet, cell phones, and other devices had actually improved communication within the family. Only 11% said they have harmed family cohesion.
Pew Internet and American Life Project
84% of Americans believe the next president will face challenges that are “more serious” than previous presidents have faced.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week