Many social critics have blamed the distractions of technology for weakening family ties, but 47% of adults said the Internet, cell phones, and other devices had actually improved communication within the family. Only 11% said they have harmed family cohesion.
Pew Internet and American Life Project
84% of Americans believe the next president will face challenges that are “more serious” than previous presidents have faced.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week