Many social critics have blamed the distractions of technology for weakening family ties, but 47% of adults said the Internet, cell phones, and other devices had actually improved communication within the family. Only 11% said they have harmed family cohesion.
Pew Internet and American Life Project
84% of Americans believe the next president will face challenges that are “more serious” than previous presidents have faced.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Israel has the right to defend itself. What about the Palestinians?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
Subscribe to the Week