OOD DAY FOR: Being green, as Dell, after three years and 25 prototypes, has finally come up with an eco-friendly, bamboo-encased “hybrid” laptop. Like Kermit the Frog, computer makers have found it isn’t easy being green. But according to Forrester Research, 25 million shoppers would be willing to pay more for a greener PC. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Painful cuts, after OPEC cut its oil production targets by 1.5 million barrels a day, effective Nov. 1. Analysts said the cut won’t be enough to halt the slide in oil prices, which have dropped from $147 a barrel in July to below $63 a barrel this morning. A falloff in global demand is seen behind the tanking price. (The New York Times)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Lululemon went sour
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The 12 weirdest animal penises on Earth [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hotel of enlightenment
Subscribe to the Week