Sarah Palin is currently the third choice among Republicans looking ahead to 2012, should the McCain-Palin ticket lose. 35% say they’d support Mitt Romney as the next GOP presidential nominee, 26% favor Mike Huckabee, and 20% back Palin.
70% of Americans say most journalists want to see Democrat Barack Obama win on Nov. 4, while only 9% believe most journalists are rooting for Republican John McCain. 8% say journalists don’t favor either candidate.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week