Sarah Palin is currently the third choice among Republicans looking ahead to 2012, should the McCain-Palin ticket lose. 35% say they’d support Mitt Romney as the next GOP presidential nominee, 26% favor Mike Huckabee, and 20% back Palin.
70% of Americans say most journalists want to see Democrat Barack Obama win on Nov. 4, while only 9% believe most journalists are rooting for Republican John McCain. 8% say journalists don’t favor either candidate.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week