arah Palin is currently the third choice among Republicans looking ahead to 2012, should the McCain-Palin ticket lose. 35% say they’d support Mitt Romney as the next GOP presidential nominee, 26% favor Mike Huckabee, and 20% back Palin.
70% of Americans say most journalists want to see Democrat Barack Obama win on Nov. 4, while only 9% believe most journalists are rooting for Republican John McCain. 8% say journalists don’t favor either candidate.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week