The Incredible Hulk
For a giant monster, The Incredible Hulk fits “well on the small screen,” said the San Jose Mercury News. Louis Leterrier’s version of the comic-book classic, starring Edward Norton, has an “intimacy” unusual in an action movie.
The Outer Limits: The Complete Series
From 1963 to 1965, TV viewers let ABC’s “sci-fi anthology series” invade their homes, said the Baltimore Sun. Although it can seem “a little hokey” today, the program still is good for “some great, thought-provoking, and frequently chilling stories.”
James Bond Blu-ray Collection
The “glint of James Bond’s gun is more arresting than ever” on Blu-ray, said the Chicago Tribune. Dr. No, From Russia With Love, and four other films have undergone a “frame-by-frame restoration” in anticipation of this fall’s Quantum of Solace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week