The Incredible Hulk
For a giant monster, The Incredible Hulk fits “well on the small screen,” said the San Jose Mercury News. Louis Leterrier’s version of the comic-book classic, starring Edward Norton, has an “intimacy” unusual in an action movie.
The Outer Limits: The Complete Series
From 1963 to 1965, TV viewers let ABC’s “sci-fi anthology series” invade their homes, said the Baltimore Sun. Although it can seem “a little hokey” today, the program still is good for “some great, thought-provoking, and frequently chilling stories.”
James Bond Blu-ray Collection
The “glint of James Bond’s gun is more arresting than ever” on Blu-ray, said the Chicago Tribune. Dr. No, From Russia With Love, and four other films have undergone a “frame-by-frame restoration” in anticipation of this fall’s Quantum of Solace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week