The Incredible Hulk
For a giant monster, The Incredible Hulk fits “well on the small screen,” said the San Jose Mercury News. Louis Leterrier’s version of the comic-book classic, starring Edward Norton, has an “intimacy” unusual in an action movie.
The Outer Limits: The Complete Series
From 1963 to 1965, TV viewers let ABC’s “sci-fi anthology series” invade their homes, said the Baltimore Sun. Although it can seem “a little hokey” today, the program still is good for “some great, thought-provoking, and frequently chilling stories.”
James Bond Blu-ray Collection
The “glint of James Bond’s gun is more arresting than ever” on Blu-ray, said the Chicago Tribune. Dr. No, From Russia With Love, and four other films have undergone a “frame-by-frame restoration” in anticipation of this fall’s Quantum of Solace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week