The Incredible Hulk
For a giant monster, The Incredible Hulk fits “well on the small screen,” said the San Jose Mercury News. Louis Leterrier’s version of the comic-book classic, starring Edward Norton, has an “intimacy” unusual in an action movie.
The Outer Limits: The Complete Series
From 1963 to 1965, TV viewers let ABC’s “sci-fi anthology series” invade their homes, said the Baltimore Sun. Although it can seem “a little hokey” today, the program still is good for “some great, thought-provoking, and frequently chilling stories.”
James Bond Blu-ray Collection
The “glint of James Bond’s gun is more arresting than ever” on Blu-ray, said the Chicago Tribune. Dr. No, From Russia With Love, and four other films have undergone a “frame-by-frame restoration” in anticipation of this fall’s Quantum of Solace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week