Ratemyprofessors.com turns the tables by letting students grade their teachers. The site covers more than 6,000 schools and allows students to “anonymously grade profs on everything from how difficult they are to the clarity of their lectures.” Be careful what you say, however: Teachers can post rebuttals of their own.
RateMDs.com is a site where patients give doctors the checkup. The free resource provides “more than 500,000 ratings of about 150,000 physicians” to help people find a doctor. Ratings are based on punctuality, helpfulness, knowledge, and overall quality.
Healthgrades.com features a database of more than 700,000 physicians, 5,000 hospitals, and 15,000 nursing homes nationwide. Ratings are based on doctor’s education, patient opinions, and board certification records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week