Ratemyprofessors.com turns the tables by letting students grade their teachers. The site covers more than 6,000 schools and allows students to “anonymously grade profs on everything from how difficult they are to the clarity of their lectures.” Be careful what you say, however: Teachers can post rebuttals of their own.
RateMDs.com is a site where patients give doctors the checkup. The free resource provides “more than 500,000 ratings of about 150,000 physicians” to help people find a doctor. Ratings are based on punctuality, helpfulness, knowledge, and overall quality.
Healthgrades.com features a database of more than 700,000 physicians, 5,000 hospitals, and 15,000 nursing homes nationwide. Ratings are based on doctor’s education, patient opinions, and board certification records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week