atemyprofessors.com turns the tables by letting students grade their teachers. The site covers more than 6,000 schools and allows students to “anonymously grade profs on everything from how difficult they are to the clarity of their lectures.” Be careful what you say, however: Teachers can post rebuttals of their own.
RateMDs.com is a site where patients give doctors the checkup. The free resource provides “more than 500,000 ratings of about 150,000 physicians” to help people find a doctor. Ratings are based on punctuality, helpfulness, knowledge, and overall quality.
Healthgrades.com features a database of more than 700,000 physicians, 5,000 hospitals, and 15,000 nursing homes nationwide. Ratings are based on doctor’s education, patient opinions, and board certification records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week