Ratemyprofessors.com turns the tables by letting students grade their teachers. The site covers more than 6,000 schools and allows students to “anonymously grade profs on everything from how difficult they are to the clarity of their lectures.” Be careful what you say, however: Teachers can post rebuttals of their own.
RateMDs.com is a site where patients give doctors the checkup. The free resource provides “more than 500,000 ratings of about 150,000 physicians” to help people find a doctor. Ratings are based on punctuality, helpfulness, knowledge, and overall quality.
Healthgrades.com features a database of more than 700,000 physicians, 5,000 hospitals, and 15,000 nursing homes nationwide. Ratings are based on doctor’s education, patient opinions, and board certification records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week