The hand-held “high-tech, do-it-yourself beautifying device” Light Renewal uses LEDs—“tiny bulbs that operate at specific wavelengths”—to treat complexion concerns. When directed at the face, the “blue light blasts acne-causing bacteria while the red light targets wrinkles by stimulating collagen.” A trip to the medi-spa seems so last year.
Price: $335 Contact: PerriconeMD.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week