Good Day, Bad Day
Strange brews, Worker morale
OOD DAY FOR: Strange brews, as Coca-Cola is teaming up with a Chinese medicinal research academy to develop drinks based on traditional Chinese herbs and formulas. The Chinese academy’s president, Hongxin Cao, said the partnership will combine Coke’s global reach with Chinese medicine’s “more holistic view on health.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Worker morale, as new government data show that 7 percent of full-time workers battled depression in the past year. Personal-care workers and food-service employees had the highest rates, at 11 and 10.3 percent, respectively. But still, the unemployed had a depression rate of 12.7 percent. (AP in The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week