Good Day, Bad Day
Strange brews, Worker morale
OOD DAY FOR: Strange brews, as Coca-Cola is teaming up with a Chinese medicinal research academy to develop drinks based on traditional Chinese herbs and formulas. The Chinese academy’s president, Hongxin Cao, said the partnership will combine Coke’s global reach with Chinese medicine’s “more holistic view on health.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Worker morale, as new government data show that 7 percent of full-time workers battled depression in the past year. Personal-care workers and food-service employees had the highest rates, at 11 and 10.3 percent, respectively. But still, the unemployed had a depression rate of 12.7 percent. (AP in The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week