Good Day, Bad Day
Strange brews, Worker morale
OOD DAY FOR: Strange brews, as Coca-Cola is teaming up with a Chinese medicinal research academy to develop drinks based on traditional Chinese herbs and formulas. The Chinese academy’s president, Hongxin Cao, said the partnership will combine Coke’s global reach with Chinese medicine’s “more holistic view on health.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Worker morale, as new government data show that 7 percent of full-time workers battled depression in the past year. Personal-care workers and food-service employees had the highest rates, at 11 and 10.3 percent, respectively. But still, the unemployed had a depression rate of 12.7 percent. (AP in The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week