Good Day, Bad Day
Strange brews, Worker morale
OOD DAY FOR: Strange brews, as Coca-Cola is teaming up with a Chinese medicinal research academy to develop drinks based on traditional Chinese herbs and formulas. The Chinese academy’s president, Hongxin Cao, said the partnership will combine Coke’s global reach with Chinese medicine’s “more holistic view on health.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Worker morale, as new government data show that 7 percent of full-time workers battled depression in the past year. Personal-care workers and food-service employees had the highest rates, at 11 and 10.3 percent, respectively. But still, the unemployed had a depression rate of 12.7 percent. (AP in The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week