Good Day, Bad Day
Strange brews, Worker morale
OOD DAY FOR: Strange brews, as Coca-Cola is teaming up with a Chinese medicinal research academy to develop drinks based on traditional Chinese herbs and formulas. The Chinese academy’s president, Hongxin Cao, said the partnership will combine Coke’s global reach with Chinese medicine’s “more holistic view on health.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Worker morale, as new government data show that 7 percent of full-time workers battled depression in the past year. Personal-care workers and food-service employees had the highest rates, at 11 and 10.3 percent, respectively. But still, the unemployed had a depression rate of 12.7 percent. (AP in The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week