70% of Americans think too much money was spent on the 2008 presidential election. 57% said they support campaign-spending limits, while 38% said candidates should be allowed to spend as much as they can raise.
34% of voters said the historic 2008 election made them “more proud” to be American, while just 12% said it made them less proud. 45% said the election did not change how they view America.
The Wall Street Journal/NBC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week