John and Elizabeth Edwards have separated, a source tells the New York Post. The report comes after Elizabeth began appearing in public without her wedding ring. Elizabeth Edwards recently began making speeches for the first time since her husband admitted an affair with Rielle Hunter, who shot videos for his presidential campaign. Edwards has denied that he is the father of Hunter’s baby, though The National Enquirer has reported that Hunter says the child is his.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week