Joe the Plumber’s 15 minutes aren’t up yet. Joe, whose full name is Samuel Joe Wurzelbacher, has begun work on a book about his rise to fame, and last week hired a Nashville publicity firm to secure him personal appearances and product endorsements. Publicist Jim Della Croce said there are already hundreds of offers, but he denied rumors that Wurzelbacher is launching a music career. “He’s not doing a country record,” said Della Croce. “That was presumptuous.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week