Joe the Plumber’s 15 minutes aren’t up yet. Joe, whose full name is Samuel Joe Wurzelbacher, has begun work on a book about his rise to fame, and last week hired a Nashville publicity firm to secure him personal appearances and product endorsements. Publicist Jim Della Croce said there are already hundreds of offers, but he denied rumors that Wurzelbacher is launching a music career. “He’s not doing a country record,” said Della Croce. “That was presumptuous.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week