adonna tried to control her marriage by posting rules for Guy Ritchie on the wall of their New York apartment, said the New York Post. The couple’s marriage contract, drawn up after they visited a counselor two years ago, obliged Ritchie to “enrich his wife’s emotional and spiritual well-being,” study Kabbalah with her, and avoid fights by saying, “I understand that my actions have upset you, please work with me to resolve this.” Both partners were supposed to devote time to “sexual expressiveness” and “not use sex as a stick to beat one another.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week