Madonna tried to control her marriage by posting rules for Guy Ritchie on the wall of their New York apartment, said the New York Post. The couple’s marriage contract, drawn up after they visited a counselor two years ago, obliged Ritchie to “enrich his wife’s emotional and spiritual well-being,” study Kabbalah with her, and avoid fights by saying, “I understand that my actions have upset you, please work with me to resolve this.” Both partners were supposed to devote time to “sexual expressiveness” and “not use sex as a stick to beat one another.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to flirt, according to science
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The militarization of America’s police
Subscribe to the Week