Madonna tried to control her marriage by posting rules for Guy Ritchie on the wall of their New York apartment, said the New York Post. The couple’s marriage contract, drawn up after they visited a counselor two years ago, obliged Ritchie to “enrich his wife’s emotional and spiritual well-being,” study Kabbalah with her, and avoid fights by saying, “I understand that my actions have upset you, please work with me to resolve this.” Both partners were supposed to devote time to “sexual expressiveness” and “not use sex as a stick to beat one another.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week