Madonna tried to control her marriage by posting rules for Guy Ritchie on the wall of their New York apartment, said the New York Post. The couple’s marriage contract, drawn up after they visited a counselor two years ago, obliged Ritchie to “enrich his wife’s emotional and spiritual well-being,” study Kabbalah with her, and avoid fights by saying, “I understand that my actions have upset you, please work with me to resolve this.” Both partners were supposed to devote time to “sexual expressiveness” and “not use sex as a stick to beat one another.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week