Madonna tried to control her marriage by posting rules for Guy Ritchie on the wall of their New York apartment, said the New York Post. The couple’s marriage contract, drawn up after they visited a counselor two years ago, obliged Ritchie to “enrich his wife’s emotional and spiritual well-being,” study Kabbalah with her, and avoid fights by saying, “I understand that my actions have upset you, please work with me to resolve this.” Both partners were supposed to devote time to “sexual expressiveness” and “not use sex as a stick to beat one another.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week