Joaquin Phoenix, who earned an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Johnny Cash in Walk the Line, was so persuaded by his own performance that he’s decided to quit acting to pursue a career in music. Appearing at the premiere of his final film with the words “good bye” written on his knuckles last week, Phoenix explained, “It’s like greener pastures, you know what I mean?” He added, “Hopefully, I will emotionally impact you with that as well.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week