oaquin Phoenix, who earned an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Johnny Cash in Walk the Line, was so persuaded by his own performance that he’s decided to quit acting to pursue a career in music. Appearing at the premiere of his final film with the words “good bye” written on his knuckles last week, Phoenix explained, “It’s like greener pastures, you know what I mean?” He added, “Hopefully, I will emotionally impact you with that as well.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week