al Kilmer is officially weighing a run for governor of New Mexico. “I’m approaching this as a worthy serious endeavor,” the 48-year-old actor told the San Jose Mercury News last week. “I would be very comfortable in my position as a representative for the people.” Kilmer, a Democrat, has gotten encouragement from the current governor, Bill Richardson, who is believed to be up for a job in the Obama administration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week