al Kilmer is officially weighing a run for governor of New Mexico. “I’m approaching this as a worthy serious endeavor,” the 48-year-old actor told the San Jose Mercury News last week. “I would be very comfortable in my position as a representative for the people.” Kilmer, a Democrat, has gotten encouragement from the current governor, Bill Richardson, who is believed to be up for a job in the Obama administration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week