al Kilmer is officially weighing a run for governor of New Mexico. “I’m approaching this as a worthy serious endeavor,” the 48-year-old actor told the San Jose Mercury News last week. “I would be very comfortable in my position as a representative for the people.” Kilmer, a Democrat, has gotten encouragement from the current governor, Bill Richardson, who is believed to be up for a job in the Obama administration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week