ere are some of the best buys in tequila, vodka, gin, and whiskey for 2008, said F. Paul Pacult in Wine Enthusiast. This year’s roster of Best Value Spirits was judged on a 100-point tasting scale, with Classic (96–100) earning the highest recommendation, and Superb (90–95) highly recommended.
Hacienda Los Diaz Reposado 100 percent de Agave Tequila, Mexico ($40)
Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado 100 percent Agave Tequila, Mexico ($30)
Tanqueray No. 10 Batch Distilled Gin, England ($22)
Broker’s London Dry Gin, England ($21)
Absolut Pears Pear Flavored Vodka, Sweden ($19)
Pearl Blueberry Flavored Vodka, Canada ($20)
Revel Classic Vodka, Estonia ($13)
Mitchell’s Glengyle Blended Whisky ($49)
Glenlivet 12-Year-Old Speyside Single Malt Whisky ($37)
Strathisla 12-Year-Old Speyside Single Malt Whisky ($46)
Wemyss Vintage Malts The Smooth Gentleman 8-Year-Old Blended Malt Whisky ($37)
Black Bush Blended Irish Whiskey, Northern Ireland ($28)
The Knot 100 Proof Whiskey, Ireland ($24)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week