tay current. Keep your laptop’s operating system and Web browsers up to date along with “fire-wall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software.”
Use Wi-Fi sparingly. If your laptop accidentally connects to a network run by hackers, they can tap into your most sensitive data. So when you don’t need to be online, “turn off your laptop’s Wi-Fi capabilities.”
Bank at home. Some information is just too important to be transmitted in public at all. Don’t conduct purchases or financial transactions through any wireless network but the one you set up yourself.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
Subscribe to the Week