Comedian Wanda Sykes, who stars on Curb Your Enthusiasm and The New Adventures of Old Christine, made a surprise appearance at a gay-rights rally in Las Vegas last week, announcing that she is a lesbian and had gotten married in California before the passage of Proposition 8, the same-sex marriage ban. “I don’t really talk about my sexual orientation,” Sykes told the crowd. “I didn’t feel like I had to. I was just living my life. Now I gotta get in their face. I’m proud to be gay.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week