Lindsay Lohan was attacked by animal-rights activists last week when she showed up at a Los Angeles nightclub wearing a fur stole. One protestor shouted, “Fur hag!” and dumped a bag of flour on the actress. Lohan’s girlfriend, Samantha Ronson, lashed out at the woman on her blog. “I think there are plenty of families that could have used that flour for a meal,” she wrote. “Nice job, lady.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week