Lindsay Lohan was attacked by animal-rights activists last week when she showed up at a Los Angeles nightclub wearing a fur stole. One protestor shouted, “Fur hag!” and dumped a bag of flour on the actress. Lohan’s girlfriend, Samantha Ronson, lashed out at the woman on her blog. “I think there are plenty of families that could have used that flour for a meal,” she wrote. “Nice job, lady.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week