The Sopranos: The Complete Series
“What’s not to love?” said USA Today. Every episode of HBO’s mafia drama can be found on this 33-disc collection. Extras include soundtracks, cast roundtables, lost scenes, and “Sopranos-themed spoofs” from The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, and MADtv.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Director Guillermo Del Toro is the “real star of this movie,” said the Grand Rapids, Mich., Press. Although the troubles of his dark, confused superhero are entertaining, the film “is best appreciated for its art direction and impressive special effects.”
This “fascinating documentary” celebrates one of New York’s most famous bars, said the Chicago Sun-Times. A nightly stop for Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra in the ’50s, Toots Shor’s 51 West 51 “wasn’t the center of the universe, but felt like it after a few drinks.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week