The Sopranos: The Complete Series
“What’s not to love?” said USA Today. Every episode of HBO’s mafia drama can be found on this 33-disc collection. Extras include soundtracks, cast roundtables, lost scenes, and “Sopranos-themed spoofs” from The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, and MADtv.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Director Guillermo Del Toro is the “real star of this movie,” said the Grand Rapids, Mich., Press. Although the troubles of his dark, confused superhero are entertaining, the film “is best appreciated for its art direction and impressive special effects.”
This “fascinating documentary” celebrates one of New York’s most famous bars, said the Chicago Sun-Times. A nightly stop for Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra in the ’50s, Toots Shor’s 51 West 51 “wasn’t the center of the universe, but felt like it after a few drinks.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week