“The world’s first Web-enabled surveillance robot,” the three-wheeled Rovio can be used to patrol the house while you’re out, monitor elderly parents, or simply to freak out co-workers around the office. Steered manually via Wi-Fi or programmed to follow a route, it takes photos, streams video, and can broadcast your voice via voice-over-Internet technology.
Price: $300 Contact: Wowwee.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week