“The world’s first Web-enabled surveillance robot,” the three-wheeled Rovio can be used to patrol the house while you’re out, monitor elderly parents, or simply to freak out co-workers around the office. Steered manually via Wi-Fi or programmed to follow a route, it takes photos, streams video, and can broadcast your voice via voice-over-Internet technology.
Price: $300 Contact: Wowwee.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week