“The world’s first Web-enabled surveillance robot,” the three-wheeled Rovio can be used to patrol the house while you’re out, monitor elderly parents, or simply to freak out co-workers around the office. Steered manually via Wi-Fi or programmed to follow a route, it takes photos, streams video, and can broadcast your voice via voice-over-Internet technology.
Price: $300 Contact: Wowwee.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week