“The world’s first Web-enabled surveillance robot,” the three-wheeled Rovio can be used to patrol the house while you’re out, monitor elderly parents, or simply to freak out co-workers around the office. Steered manually via Wi-Fi or programmed to follow a route, it takes photos, streams video, and can broadcast your voice via voice-over-Internet technology.
Price: $300 Contact: Wowwee.com
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Battle in a blizzard
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The secrets of happy families
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week