High School Musical 2
The second stage show based on the wildly popular Disney franchise “lacks the freshness, charm, and the can’t-get-them-outta-my-head songs” of the original, said Variety. No performers from the TV movies are here, but die-hard young followers of Troy and Gabriella aren’t likely to be disappointed.
Atlantic Theater Company
“Political junkies feeling the pangs of post-election withdrawl” should flock to Farragut North, said the New York Post. Beau Willimon has spun his experience working on Hillary Clinton’s and Howard Dean’s campaigns into an engrossing political drama starring Chris Noth.
All’s Well That Ends Well
Clark Street Playhouse
Director Joe Banno’s quirky version of Shakespeare’s even quirkier original renders “the play less as a comedy than as a romance,” transplanting it to 1930s Europe, said The Washington Post. Parker Dixon and Mundy Spears lead a “functional, if not flashy,” cast.
- WATCH: Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly spar over the Obama scandals
- How the White House's war on media backfired
- A linguistic dissection of 7 annoying teenage sounds
- WATCH: Suspect defends brutal beheading of London man in broad daylight
- Is Greek yogurt hurting the environment?
- 10 things you need to know today: May 23, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Sadly, you are uglier than you think
- Did IRS official Lois Lerner waive her right to silence?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The politics behind Kanye West's 'New Slaves'
- Are we on the cusp of a solar energy boom?
- Why Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn doesn't want tornado relief money
- WATCH: Jon Stewart hates everyone in Washington now
- LIVE UPDATES: Massive tornado tears through Oklahoma City area
- Angry at the government? 5 ways you can fight back
- 7 purported health benefits of drinking coffee
- What is a quantum computer — and why does Google need one?
- Why NASA is funding a 3D pizza printer
- The cool backstory of the Slurpee