High School Musical 2
The second stage show based on the wildly popular Disney franchise “lacks the freshness, charm, and the can’t-get-them-outta-my-head songs” of the original, said Variety. No performers from the TV movies are here, but die-hard young followers of Troy and Gabriella aren’t likely to be disappointed.
Atlantic Theater Company
“Political junkies feeling the pangs of post-election withdrawl” should flock to Farragut North, said the New York Post. Beau Willimon has spun his experience working on Hillary Clinton’s and Howard Dean’s campaigns into an engrossing political drama starring Chris Noth.
All’s Well That Ends Well
Clark Street Playhouse
Director Joe Banno’s quirky version of Shakespeare’s even quirkier original renders “the play less as a comedy than as a romance,” transplanting it to 1930s Europe, said The Washington Post. Parker Dixon and Mundy Spears lead a “functional, if not flashy,” cast.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week