James Bond vacation
Through Dec. 28, London’s historic Brown’s Hotel offers a $500 per night package to celebrate James Bond creator Ian Fleming’s centenary. Includes double room, Bond cocktails, and tickets to the Imperial War Museum’s current Fleming exhibition.
Helicopter ski holiday
Through late December, seven-night packages at the Bugaboo and Cariboo in Canada include meals, airport transfers, helicopter flights to remote ski locations, and guides. Prices start at $4,959 for adults and $2,774 for teens.
Time with your canine
Dog lovers can spend Jan. 16 through 18 at “Camp Dogwood” in Ingleside, Ill. Activities include pet massage and trick-training workshops—and wine tastings for the dog owners. Price starts at $750 for two people and two dogs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week