James Bond vacation
Through Dec. 28, London’s historic Brown’s Hotel offers a $500 per night package to celebrate James Bond creator Ian Fleming’s centenary. Includes double room, Bond cocktails, and tickets to the Imperial War Museum’s current Fleming exhibition.
Helicopter ski holiday
Through late December, seven-night packages at the Bugaboo and Cariboo in Canada include meals, airport transfers, helicopter flights to remote ski locations, and guides. Prices start at $4,959 for adults and $2,774 for teens.
Time with your canine
Dog lovers can spend Jan. 16 through 18 at “Camp Dogwood” in Ingleside, Ill. Activities include pet massage and trick-training workshops—and wine tastings for the dog owners. Price starts at $750 for two people and two dogs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week