James Bond vacation
Through Dec. 28, London’s historic Brown’s Hotel offers a $500 per night package to celebrate James Bond creator Ian Fleming’s centenary. Includes double room, Bond cocktails, and tickets to the Imperial War Museum’s current Fleming exhibition.
Helicopter ski holiday
Through late December, seven-night packages at the Bugaboo and Cariboo in Canada include meals, airport transfers, helicopter flights to remote ski locations, and guides. Prices start at $4,959 for adults and $2,774 for teens.
Time with your canine
Dog lovers can spend Jan. 16 through 18 at “Camp Dogwood” in Ingleside, Ill. Activities include pet massage and trick-training workshops—and wine tastings for the dog owners. Price starts at $750 for two people and two dogs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
Subscribe to the Week