onday, Nov. 24
The Keys of the Kingdom (1944)
Gregory Peck drew an Oscar nomination for one of his first leading roles, as a priest struggling to establish a Catholic mission in China. From the novel by A.J. Cronin. 8 a.m., FMC
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
The tortuous trail of an abducted child leads a young Boston detective to a moral crossroads in this adaptation of Dennis Lehane’s novel. Ben Affleck directed his brother, Casey, in the lead role. 11:30 a.m., Starz
West Side Story (1961)
Ten Oscars, including Best Picture, went to this musical update of Romeo and Juliet, featuring Jerome Robbins’ spirited choreography and Leonard Bernstein’s soaring score. 8 p.m., TCM
Casino Royale (2006)
In this thriller portraying James Bond’s coming of age, Daniel Craig reinvigorated the 007 franchise, bringing new dimensions of darkness and danger to the role. 7:35 p.m., Showtime
In this first-rate psychological mystery, a murder investigation entwines the lives of four couples in Sydney. With Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush, and Barbara Hershey. 8 p.m., IFC
Charlie Wilson’s War (2007)
Tom Hanks plays the title role
of a womanizing congressman from Texas who spurred the CIA to supply arms to Afghan rebels, with unintended consequences. Philip Seymour Hoffman co-stars. 8 p.m., HBO
The fiendish Hannibal Lecter made his first film appearance (played by Brian Cox) in this version of Thomas Harris’ Red Dragon. William Petersen stars. 8 p.m., TMC
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- TIME chose Pope Francis as its Person of the Year. And it was the perfect choice for the Upworthy era.
Subscribe to the Week