etroChina surpassed General Electric, in terms of market value, to become the world’s second-largest company. Boosted by $84-a-barrel oil prices, PetroChina shot up as much as 10 percent this morning, to a total worth of $434 billion. GE is worth $420 billion. In pole position, Exxon Mobil is valued at $518 billion. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week