etroChina surpassed General Electric, in terms of market value, to become the world’s second-largest company. Boosted by $84-a-barrel oil prices, PetroChina shot up as much as 10 percent this morning, to a total worth of $434 billion. GE is worth $420 billion. In pole position, Exxon Mobil is valued at $518 billion. (Bloomberg)
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week