GOOD DAY FOR: Gender-bending, after a Japanese lingerie retailer, Wishroom, has found unexpected success with its men’s bra. Since launching the product two weeks ago, Wishroom has sold more than 300 of the bras—targeted to cross-dressing men and able to be worn under male clothing—at about $30 a pop. “I like this tight feeling,” said Masayuki Tsuchiya, a male Wishroom employee. “It feels good.” (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Black gold, after the average U.S. price for a gallon of gas dipped below $2 for the first time since March 2005, according the latest Lundberg survey. The average price, $1.97 a gallon, represents a fall drop of 33 cents in two weeks, as the weakening economy lowered demand. Crude oil fell as low as $48.25 a barrel Friday. Honolulu had the highest gas price in the survey, $2.81 a gallon; St. Louis had the lowest, $1.61 a gallon. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week