OOD DAY FOR: Gender-bending, after a Japanese lingerie retailer, Wishroom, has found unexpected success with its men’s bra. Since launching the product two weeks ago, Wishroom has sold more than 300 of the bras—targeted to cross-dressing men and able to be worn under male clothing—at about $30 a pop. “I like this tight feeling,” said Masayuki Tsuchiya, a male Wishroom employee. “It feels good.” (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Black gold, after the average U.S. price for a gallon of gas dipped below $2 for the first time since March 2005, according the latest Lundberg survey. The average price, $1.97 a gallon, represents a fall drop of 33 cents in two weeks, as the weakening economy lowered demand. Crude oil fell as low as $48.25 a barrel Friday. Honolulu had the highest gas price in the survey, $2.81 a gallon; St. Louis had the lowest, $1.61 a gallon. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
Subscribe to the Week