OOD DAY FOR: Gender-bending, after a Japanese lingerie retailer, Wishroom, has found unexpected success with its men’s bra. Since launching the product two weeks ago, Wishroom has sold more than 300 of the bras—targeted to cross-dressing men and able to be worn under male clothing—at about $30 a pop. “I like this tight feeling,” said Masayuki Tsuchiya, a male Wishroom employee. “It feels good.” (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Black gold, after the average U.S. price for a gallon of gas dipped below $2 for the first time since March 2005, according the latest Lundberg survey. The average price, $1.97 a gallon, represents a fall drop of 33 cents in two weeks, as the weakening economy lowered demand. Crude oil fell as low as $48.25 a barrel Friday. Honolulu had the highest gas price in the survey, $2.81 a gallon; St. Louis had the lowest, $1.61 a gallon. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week