The Lodge at Sun Ranch
This luxury camp, set on 26,000 acres in the Madison River valley, sleeps only 18 guests, said Alice Gordon in Travel + Leisure. The “holistic” cattle ranch is the winter home to 1,500 elk and a “carefully monitored” wolf pack. Accommodations range from rooms and suites to cabins and tents, each fitted with organic-cotton linens and offering “stunning views of the mountains and creeks.” Ranch activities include fly-fishing, horseback riding, birding, and group discussions “about Montana topics and travelers’ philanthropy.” The restaurant serves naturally raised pork, lamb, and poultry, and grass-fed beef.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week