The Lodge at Sun Ranch
This luxury camp, set on 26,000 acres in the Madison River valley, sleeps only 18 guests, said Alice Gordon in Travel + Leisure. The “holistic” cattle ranch is the winter home to 1,500 elk and a “carefully monitored” wolf pack. Accommodations range from rooms and suites to cabins and tents, each fitted with organic-cotton linens and offering “stunning views of the mountains and creeks.” Ranch activities include fly-fishing, horseback riding, birding, and group discussions “about Montana topics and travelers’ philanthropy.” The restaurant serves naturally raised pork, lamb, and poultry, and grass-fed beef.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week