he Lodge at Sun Ranch
This luxury camp, set on 26,000 acres in the Madison River valley, sleeps only 18 guests, said Alice Gordon in Travel + Leisure. The “holistic” cattle ranch is the winter home to 1,500 elk and a “carefully monitored” wolf pack. Accommodations range from rooms and suites to cabins and tents, each fitted with organic-cotton linens and offering “stunning views of the mountains and creeks.” Ranch activities include fly-fishing, horseback riding, birding, and group discussions “about Montana topics and travelers’ philanthropy.” The restaurant serves naturally raised pork, lamb, and poultry, and grass-fed beef.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- No, Ukraine is not being run by fascists
Subscribe to the Week