The Lodge at Sun Ranch
This luxury camp, set on 26,000 acres in the Madison River valley, sleeps only 18 guests, said Alice Gordon in Travel + Leisure. The “holistic” cattle ranch is the winter home to 1,500 elk and a “carefully monitored” wolf pack. Accommodations range from rooms and suites to cabins and tents, each fitted with organic-cotton linens and offering “stunning views of the mountains and creeks.” Ranch activities include fly-fishing, horseback riding, birding, and group discussions “about Montana topics and travelers’ philanthropy.” The restaurant serves naturally raised pork, lamb, and poultry, and grass-fed beef.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week