he Lodge at Sun Ranch
This luxury camp, set on 26,000 acres in the Madison River valley, sleeps only 18 guests, said Alice Gordon in Travel + Leisure. The “holistic” cattle ranch is the winter home to 1,500 elk and a “carefully monitored” wolf pack. Accommodations range from rooms and suites to cabins and tents, each fitted with organic-cotton linens and offering “stunning views of the mountains and creeks.” Ranch activities include fly-fishing, horseback riding, birding, and group discussions “about Montana topics and travelers’ philanthropy.” The restaurant serves naturally raised pork, lamb, and poultry, and grass-fed beef.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week