Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil are heading for divorce, now that Fielder-Civil has left the troubled British pop singer for German model Sophie Schandorff, said the London News of the World. “There’s no way back for us now,” Winehouse reportedly told friends. “It was never going to last. We were only together for sex.” The singer’s friends said the couple’s tortured relationship was entirely physical. “Not just the usual bondage and sex games,” said one, “but really gross stuff you couldn’t mention in a newspaper.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week