Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil are heading for divorce, now that Fielder-Civil has left the troubled British pop singer for German model Sophie Schandorff, said the London News of the World. “There’s no way back for us now,” Winehouse reportedly told friends. “It was never going to last. We were only together for sex.” The singer’s friends said the couple’s tortured relationship was entirely physical. “Not just the usual bondage and sex games,” said one, “but really gross stuff you couldn’t mention in a newspaper.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week