Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil are heading for divorce, now that Fielder-Civil has left the troubled British pop singer for German model Sophie Schandorff, said the London News of the World. “There’s no way back for us now,” Winehouse reportedly told friends. “It was never going to last. We were only together for sex.” The singer’s friends said the couple’s tortured relationship was entirely physical. “Not just the usual bondage and sex games,” said one, “but really gross stuff you couldn’t mention in a newspaper.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week