Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil are heading for divorce, now that Fielder-Civil has left the troubled British pop singer for German model Sophie Schandorff, said the London News of the World. “There’s no way back for us now,” Winehouse reportedly told friends. “It was never going to last. We were only together for sex.” The singer’s friends said the couple’s tortured relationship was entirely physical. “Not just the usual bondage and sex games,” said one, “but really gross stuff you couldn’t mention in a newspaper.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week