Bruce Willis last week sued a Malaysian prince, saying the prince misled him into investing $2 million in his “green rubber” company. Willis said he was led to believe that Al Gore and Mel Gibson had invested “substantial sums” in the tire recycling company and that he stood to make “a huge profit” when it went public, which it never did. About half of Willis’ money has been repaid, but he is seeking the rest, plus interest.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week