Americans say they’ll spend an average of $716 on holiday gifts this year—the least since 1989, and a 40% drop from 2005.
49% of Americans say the U.S. should not close the prison camp at Guantánamo Naval Base, while only 32% say it should be closed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week