anted: People who hang out with crooks
The Albuquerque, N.M., Police Department is running classified ads in newspapers to recruit informants. The Help Wanted ad invites “people who hang out with crooks” to “make some extra cash” by sharing information with police, up to $50 for drug-crime information, and $700 for murder. The ad assures potential applicants that their résumés won’t be scrutinized. “Drug use and criminal record OK,” says the ad.
Schoolboy arrested for farting
A 12-year-old Florida boy has been arrested for farting in school. Arresting officer Warren Pettway said he was summoned to the school by a teacher, and that the unnamed minor admitted he “continually disrupted his classroom environment by breaking wind and shutting off several computers.” After this confession, Pettway said, “I informed him as a result of his behavior he was being charged with Disruption of a School Function.” The perpetrator was later released into the custody of his maternal parent.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The executioners' lament
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week