OOD DAY FOR: Christmases surprise, after the Vince Vaughn–Reese Witherspoon movie “Four Christmases” unexpectedly topped the Thanksgiving weekend domestic box office, bringing in $46.7 million over five days. Only two other movies—“Toy Story 2” and “Enchanted”—have done better Thanksgiving weekend. In all, U.S. theaters hauled in $236 million, the second-highest earnings for Thanksgiving weekend, after 2000. (Los Angeles Times)
BAD DAY FOR: Holding Trump cards, after The Donald’s Trump Entertainment Resorts will miss a $53.1 million interest payment Monday. The company says it has a 30-day grace period to pay up. Trump was removed from operational oversight of the company years ago, after his casinos’ second bankruptcy. Deutsche Bank is also suing Trump to recoup a $40 million personal guarantee for his separate Trump International Hotel & Tower. (MarketWatch)
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- How the Secret Service deals with the unknown on foreign trips
Subscribe to the Week