Parrot has sex with hat
A British woman woke up from a nap to find her parrot having sex with her hat, says the London Sun. Jackie Lucking, 40, had worn the haute couture bonnet of colored feathers to a christening service, after which she fell asleep. When she awoke, she found that her parrot, Shrek, had gorged himself on nine of Lucking’s stimulant-based diet pills and was attempting congress with the hat. “He turned into a maniac,” says Lucking. “It’s disgusting.”
What's up with the beef?
Large pieces of meat have been turning up on the town common in Framingham, Mass., alarming residents. The first piece, a shoulder cut of beef, appeared five weeks ago beneath a tree. Since then, meat has been showing up regularly in the same spot, including a 10-pound roast and a slice of liver. With rumors swirling, officials admit to being baffled. “It’s our mission to get to the bottom of why these pieces of meat are being left,” said Police Lt. Paul Shastany. “Why? Who? And what is it?”
Natalie Portman's libido
Natalie Portman’s libido is limiting her dramatic range, says the New York Post. The actress was considered for the role of a troubled nun in the film version of John Patrick Shanley’s Doubt, but Shanley said Portman “kept saying she had a problem” understanding the character. “We finally nailed down what the problem was,” Shanley said. “She basically said she didn’t understand celibacy.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week