arrot has sex with hat
A British woman woke up from a nap to find her parrot having sex with her hat, says the London Sun. Jackie Lucking, 40, had worn the haute couture bonnet of colored feathers to a christening service, after which she fell asleep. When she awoke, she found that her parrot, Shrek, had gorged himself on nine of Lucking’s stimulant-based diet pills and was attempting congress with the hat. “He turned into a maniac,” says Lucking. “It’s disgusting.”
What's up with the beef?
Large pieces of meat have been turning up on the town common in Framingham, Mass., alarming residents. The first piece, a shoulder cut of beef, appeared five weeks ago beneath a tree. Since then, meat has been showing up regularly in the same spot, including a 10-pound roast and a slice of liver. With rumors swirling, officials admit to being baffled. “It’s our mission to get to the bottom of why these pieces of meat are being left,” said Police Lt. Paul Shastany. “Why? Who? And what is it?”
Natalie Portman's libido
Natalie Portman’s libido is limiting her dramatic range, says the New York Post. The actress was considered for the role of a troubled nun in the film version of John Patrick Shanley’s Doubt, but Shanley said Portman “kept saying she had a problem” understanding the character. “We finally nailed down what the problem was,” Shanley said. “She basically said she didn’t understand celibacy.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week