panish police last week launched an investigation into the disappearance of $125,000 worth of diamond jewelry last seen in the possession of Winona Ryder. The actress, who was convicted of shoplifting in 2001, borrowed the Bulgari bracelet and ring to wear to a party, and later reported them missing, saying she had given them to the staff at her Madrid hotel for safekeeping. Hotel executives said they combed surveillance tapes and found no footage of Ryder handing over the jewels.
- Batman vs. Superman: Everything we know so far
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson insulted African-Americans, too
- Watch The Daily Show laugh at the EPA's lazy CIA wannabe
- How could hackers steal 40 million credit card numbers from Target?
- How to ace a job interview: 7 evidence-based hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Turns out, you can die from laughing too hard
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How the vitamin industrial complex swindled America
Subscribe to the Week