panish police last week launched an investigation into the disappearance of $125,000 worth of diamond jewelry last seen in the possession of Winona Ryder. The actress, who was convicted of shoplifting in 2001, borrowed the Bulgari bracelet and ring to wear to a party, and later reported them missing, saying she had given them to the staff at her Madrid hotel for safekeeping. Hotel executives said they combed surveillance tapes and found no footage of Ryder handing over the jewels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Art is not a justification for discrimination
Subscribe to the Week