New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress turned himself in to police this week three days after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a crowded Manhattan nightclub. Burress allegedly brought his unlicensed Glock semiautomatic pistol into the Latin Quarter, where the gun went off. Burress tried to cover up the accident, said the New York Post, giving a fake name at the hospital where he was treated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week