ew York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress turned himself in to police this week three days after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a crowded Manhattan nightclub. Burress allegedly brought his unlicensed Glock semiautomatic pistol into the Latin Quarter, where the gun went off. Burress tried to cover up the accident, said the New York Post, giving a fake name at the hospital where he was treated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week