New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress turned himself in to police this week three days after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a crowded Manhattan nightclub. Burress allegedly brought his unlicensed Glock semiautomatic pistol into the Latin Quarter, where the gun went off. Burress tried to cover up the accident, said the New York Post, giving a fake name at the hospital where he was treated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week