New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress turned himself in to police this week three days after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a crowded Manhattan nightclub. Burress allegedly brought his unlicensed Glock semiautomatic pistol into the Latin Quarter, where the gun went off. Burress tried to cover up the accident, said the New York Post, giving a fake name at the hospital where he was treated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week