New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress turned himself in to police this week three days after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a crowded Manhattan nightclub. Burress allegedly brought his unlicensed Glock semiautomatic pistol into the Latin Quarter, where the gun went off. Burress tried to cover up the accident, said the New York Post, giving a fake name at the hospital where he was treated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week