rice Marden Prints
Susan Sheehan Gallery, New York
This selection of prints from throughout Brice Marden’s four-decade career offers a capsule account of the painter’s unlikely evolution, from his minimalist monochromes of the 1960s to the sinuous, boldly colored abstractions he now creates. Unlike most artists, Marden has always considered his printmaking just as important as his painting. Works from the 1980s and ’90s, such as his Etchings to Rexroth or Cold Mountain Series, are among the most rawly expressive of any he’s created. One can see him working toward his “late” style, as coiled storms of sketchy lines unwind into the cooler and more contemplative works of today. 535 W. 22nd St., through Dec. 13. Prices range from $7,000 to $25,000.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- China's massive pollution problem
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week