Vida Collection from Alex Woo
This jewelry collection celebrates Costa Rica’s rain forests and donates 10 percent of proceeds to the Natural Resources Defense Council. The delicate, foliage-inspired designs are available in silver, gold vermeil, 14-karat gold, or diamonds.
Price: Starting at $128 Contact: Alexwoo.com
Source: Town & Country
For every pair of ultra-lightweight canvas shoes sold, the company donates a pair to a South African or Argentine child. Men, women, and children’s sizes come in a variety of designs.
Price: Starting at $34 Contact: Tomsshoes.com
Chapter One Baby Clothes
This organic clothing line donates samples and extras to families in need, and 50 percent of all online purchases can be donated to charity. Price: Starting at $24 Contact: Chapteroneorganics.com
Pick a bottle of Chardonnay, Merlot, or Cabernet Sauvignon and “raise a glass” to the fight against breast cancer, AIDS, and autism. The company, a partner of Sonoma Wine, donates 50 percent of its profits to the causes.
Price: $18.99 Contact: Hopewine.com
Ralph Lauren Paint Your Own Polo Kit
This shirt lets recipients have “a little Project Runway fun” by expressing their individual style. Each cotton polo comes with four tubes of machine-safe fabric paint, four sponge brushes, and a rubber stamp. Profits go toward the Pink Pony Fund for Memorial Sloan-
Kettering Cancer Center’s Pediatric Art Therapy Program.
Price: $45 Contact: Ralphlauren.com
These “helping handicrafts” aid in financing the Spiral Foundation’s humanitarian efforts in Nepal. Six bright cloth napkins come packaged in “ecologically sound” rings and a matching box fashioned from “recycled plastic wrappers.”
Price: $40 Contact: Spiralfoundation.org
Source: O magazine
African Zulu baskets—along with other handcrafted gifts from global artisans—are available through eBay’s World of Good, the largest marketplace for ethically sourced, eco-friendly products.
Price: Starting at $29.95 Contact: Worldofgood.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week