The last word: The siege of Mumbai
It started with two small boats arriving on a dirty shore. Hours later, reports<em> The Wall Street Journal,</em> the city was in panic and scores of innocents were dead.
It started with two small boats arriving on a dirty shore. Hours later, reports The Wall Street Journal, the city was in panic and scores of innocents were dead.
An excerpt appears in the print edition of The Week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
Subscribe to the Week