t started with two small boats arriving on a dirty shore. Hours later, reports The Wall Street Journal, the city was in panic and scores of innocents were dead.
An excerpt appears in the print edition of The Week.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week