The last word: The siege of Mumbai
It started with two small boats arriving on a dirty shore. Hours later, reports<em> The Wall Street Journal,</em> the city was in panic and scores of innocents were dead.
It started with two small boats arriving on a dirty shore. Hours later, reports The Wall Street Journal, the city was in panic and scores of innocents were dead.
An excerpt appears in the print edition of The Week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week